George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My rangemaster 110 profesional natural gas, has a gentle gas

My rangemaster 110 profesional natural gas, has a gentle gas flame, it was already in the home when i
Moved in 1 month ago, i wish to put a large saucepan of oil on to fry with but the flame is not strong enough to maintain sufficient heat,
Question, is there anything that can be done to improve gas flame and heat output?
Thank youTony Cassie
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Tony, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

The Professional 110 is very capable of what you need it to do..

Can you elaborate on your meaning of a gentle flame?... Is this just with the one burner or is it with all burners?

Customer:

With all or with one burner on, full flame is ok to fry an egg but not strong enough for a large pan

Customer:

Hello are you there?

George-Allsorts :

Hi, I am here

George-Allsorts :

are all flames the same height irrespective of whether just one flame or all flames are lit?

Customer:

Yes, all flames are same hight even when all or one is on,

Customer:

There does not seem to be any force in the gas jets, and i dont know if this is normal for the oven rings

George-Allsorts :

Sounds like you have a restriction on the input or at source.... This can be sorted with the services of a Gas Safe engineer...

Customer:

I have a large steel pot with 3litres of oil in it and wish to fry a couple of peices of fish and enough chips for a family of four, but the heat takes a long time to recover.

George-Allsorts :

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/about/gas_safe_register_engineers.aspx

Customer:

Even when placed on the wok ring or even spread over 2gas rings?

George-Allsorts :

Use that link, and on the right of the page you should be able to find an engineer near you... and adjust it if necessary He will be able to test the gas rating and throughput

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** do that

George-Allsorts :

He will be able to test the gas rating and throughput and adjust it if necessary

George-Allsorts :

Please do not try to alter anything yourself as this could be catastofic

Customer:

Ok, i will find a gas engineer tomorrow. goodbye

George-Allsorts :

Glad to have helped