KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

HI My electrolux 350 vacum cleaner smells when I switch

Customer Question

HI
My electrolux 350 vacum cleaner smells when I switch on and flashs blue light and the sound has changed. What do you think might be wrong?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

About 20 years old and has been working perfectly fine to date.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

the problem seems to be with the motor that has gone bad and might need replacement

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

How much do you reckon the motor will cost?

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

Or do you reckon its the filter?

Customer:

a new motor will cost around £45

Customer:

the flashing blue light and smells indicate the problem with the motor

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

Where can I get the motor from? Its a really nice vaccum cleaner compared to more recent product. Do you reckon I would get the same sunction back?

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

I mean after changing the motor? Do you know of any engineers near sw12 and how long it would take to order a new motor?

Customer:

you can buy the motor from here

Customer:

you can contact www.repaircare.co.uk to get a exact quote

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

Ok but I do not know how to fix?

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

ok. Would they come to my house or do I need to take the machine to their shop? Would you be able to fix?

Customer:

looking at the age of the unit I usually recommend to buy a new one instead of spending on parts

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

ok. thanks. Bye

Customer:

as you want to get it fixed you will have to check with them if they can come over and fix it

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

ok

Customer:

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :)

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

ok will do. Many thanks for the prompt reply. If need to get back to you how do I get without additional charges?

Customer:

You will receive a email from there...please use the REPLY link for further assistance..

JACUSTOMER-tng4j1bh- :

ok

Customer:

Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)