Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have just moved into a house that has a Siemens top and

Customer Question

We have just moved into a house that has a Siemens top and bottom oven. Top one works, the bottom one has no heat but has light and fan. I think it's related to the alarm/timer but as there is no booklet I can't figure it out.
How do I get it working?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
May we have the model #?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The The EN-R number is
HB90554GB/01
FD 8011
There is no visible model number on either oven. There is no booklet.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kerensa and thank you for that information.
(if this model is the gas version) please let me know) if not this is what you will need to follow:
On this model what you will need is the main control for the lower oven.
Yours may have only one for both ovens.
if not you just need the lower main board.
Its easy to replace and I will help you there.
The best place to locate that part is Espares, Phone: 0844 9777 888.
They are reliable and ship the same day in most cases.
If you have a meter and electrical knowledge you could do some tests. But in all my years of experience thats what the problem is:-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Kerensa !
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Yours may have only one for both ovens.
Tech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Kerensa, my name is George.. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

Does the Timer/Clock on your appliance look like this?:

graphic

The problem is usually found that the clock enters AUTO mode when the appliance is first switched on

Please use the manual from the link posted to find the instruction on setting the clock to the manual setting to use the main oven. Siemens Oven (This manual should cover the settings for your clock, as your manual is not available at Siemens)

If you find that the clock cannot be set, please either search for a local engineer FIND AN ENGINEER or click here Siemens B90554GB/01 to find the listing for the clock that you will need to replace

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks, ***** ***** just seen your email. I have printed off the manual and see if I can resolve the problem tonight and get back to you tomorrow.

kind regards,

Kerensa

You are very welcome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok having checked the manual, I can't see that there is anything I can fix.

When I switch on the bottom oven, light and fan come on but no heat, I guess that must mean the element needs replacing. Can I order an element online for this oven? thanks, Kerensa

Hi Kerensa, Yes the element can be replaced... Do you want an original or a quality replacement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We would like a new one. Can you advise where to order from?

thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi the ones Espares sells are just fine. If you want to spend more, I can tell you where to get the element from the original manufacturer;-)
Thank you Tech Michael
please call Espares:Phone: 0844 9777 888
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It would be good to have details to get from the original manufacturer.

thanks

Kerensa

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kerensa,
If you want an original manufacturers part for this please contact:
Siemens by visiting this website.
http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/contact-us.html
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Hi Kerensa,

The part you need is 00499003 and here is a link to the actual part on the Siemens website Siemens 00499003
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks George,

When I rang espares, they gave me a different part number for twice the price of the one you have just given me the link to. I told them I needed the heating element for the bottom oven of the Seimens 905. Was that incorrect?

Also, I have to admit that I am assuming it's the element at fault based on the fact that the light and fan come on when I turn the oven on - there is just no heat. Setting the timer correctly didn't change anything so do you think that it is the element? If so, is the part number and link you have provided the correct one? thanks very much. Kerensa

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I should tell you the part number that esspares gave me:

ES655398

thanks

The one you need is for the fan oven .. is that correct?
I have just checked for you...

The element that Espares have offered you for £64.75 is the same as the one that the manufacturers have offered you for £39.14.
How did you get on with ordering your part? Do you need any further assistance? If not, please rate the help given to you kindly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for all your help. Yes it's for a fan oven. Do you think it is the heating element causing the problem. I will order it today. Thanks for all your help.

Kerensa

Hello Kerensa... after all the help I have afforded you with advice, manuals, links, and part numbers, etc, you rated the person who couldn't decide if you oven was a Gas or Electric oven and then told you to replace the Main Oven Controller...

In this circumstance, I cannot assist you with the fitting of the element or any further advice unless you contact customer services to have the rating reallocated, or unless you rate my assistance too, as in this situation it means that I will not get paid for my extensive services to you.

I hope you understand