Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

A pan boiled over spilling quite a lot of liquid onto the hob

Customer Question

A pan boiled over spilling quite a lot of liquid onto the hob (PBi60R) and now it wont work. I am getting 'L' indicating a child lock is in place but when I follow the instructions to remove the child lock its not working. Help!
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Quick question ~ do you think that any water got underneath the hob?

Dales-Electronic :

If not I would do the following ~ switch the hob off at the wall switch leave it about 15 mins and then switch the electric back on, this induction hob is fully electronic and this will allow a microprocessor reset to factory settings. Come back to me on the result. I have to go out for a couple of hours now but will come back and check on how you are getting on. How old is the appliance? My concern here is that there is a digital interface just below the ceramic top that if wet will cause all sorts of problems. ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-v11inygm- :

Hi Ian, I have tried turning it off at the wall socket and I left it switched off through the night hoping that this might resolve the problem but its still the same this morning when I turned the power back on. There is a good possibility that water went underneath as it was a ring nearest the knobs that was in use. The hob is about 4/5 years old ~ Pete

OK I think you may have damaged the electronic boards underneath the appliance and with respect I would suggest that it would probably be better to get an engineer out to have a look. Induction hobs by their very nature are not easy to diagnose or repair unless you are familiar with their operation. Ian