Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi I have a rangemaster 100 and broke the left hand oven door

Customer Question

Hi I have a rangemaster 100 and broke the left hand oven door glass. I removed the bottom hinge and swapped over the parts from old door to new. At the moment I can't get any purchase when screwing the bottom hinge back on. Could you tell me please what I've done wrong . cheers Mark
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

From memory there is a small metal plate on the inside of the cabinet that the hinge screws screw into (ie screw goes through the hinge passes throught the cabinet and screws into this threaded plate. If you take off both screws at the same time the plate drops into the bottom ~ You need to find the plate and with help hold it in place whilst someone screws the door on. Sorry its a sod of job ~ for future ref just slightly loosen the bottom screw take the top one out and you should have enough movement to get the door off the hinge pin ~ hope that helps ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1klkenfo- : Thanks for that Ian , I thought it might be something like that , but needed confirmation before I took the front off the oven to find the bit.Thanks again for your input.
JACUSTOMER-1klkenfo- : Mark
Dales-Electronic :

ok could you rate my service when you are happy with things so that I can shut the job down, Good luck ~ Ian