Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Am getting an F10 fault code on my hotpoint Futura FDFF1110.

Am getting an F10 fault code on my hotpoint Futura FDFF1110. Its pumping water out, has got a water supply and does not appear to be blocked. The only cycle thats working is the pre wash cycle, any ideas?
Thank You
Karen
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Karen, How old is your dishwasher? Also do the controls work anything?

F10 - Fill or empty time out. Check that the hoses are not kinked, that the taps are on or whether the drain pump or hose is blocked.

Thank you Tech Micahael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dishwasher is about 2 years old. Hoses are not kinked and it seems to be draining ok

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that Karen.
The error you have means more than likely you have a failed water inlet valve, it is an electrically operated fill valve.
Its easy to replace with a few basic hand tools.
I can help you with this repair if you like.
The best place to obtain the replacement valve is Espares, phone#: 0844 9777 888.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you Karen and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Would water still get into the machine if the valve faulty? Reason i say is on a rinse wash it takes in some water and drains.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Karen, does the machine just fill and drain and thats all?
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I believe so. It was put on a full wash but gives f10 error part way through.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Karen, it sounds still like the valve isn't opening fully any longer, which is something that will happen with time as the solenoid(valve) ages.
it could possibly be the sumps float failing but this one should only need a new water inlet valve;-)