George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

how do the four wires connect to the two pole on/off switch

Customer Question

how do the four wires connect to the two pole on/off switch in a hotpoint aquarius dishwasher
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

Do you have a multimeter?

JACUSTOMER-sfbvoved- :

sorry, no.

JACUSTOMER-sfbvoved- :

Four wires, two brown and two blue. Additional black wire tapped-off one each of the blue and brown wires which look like they go to the 'power-on' light. I'm guessing the blue wires and the brown wires are separated by the partition on the switch, but does it matter which ones go to which terminal. There are numbers on each side of the switch

JACUSTOMER-sfbvoved- :

and a diagram that may represent a switch?.

George-Allsorts :

Bare with me and I'll get one.. I'm back in work tomorrow and all diagrams are there