Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello, I've just replaced the rear oven element in my

Hello, I've just replaced the rear oven element in my De Dietrich F-4827 fan oven. All seemed to go well but now the main oven does not work at all. The lower oven and micro wave are working as normal. The clock/timer does not illuminate which may be a clue to where the problem lies. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Malcolm,
You will need to check the wires where you were working on the element.
But this sounds like the ground wire may have pulled off the clock timer.
This is usually what i find when this happens. or it can also be a failed connection at one of the terminals.
Please let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I removed the rear panel 2 wires pulled off the the main terminal block due too the very short wires. The 2 wires were a yellow/green earth wire which I connected to the other shared earth, the other wire was brown which I assumed would connect to the shared connection where the other brown connection was so that is where I connected it.. Do you have a wiring diagram?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Malcolm do you have a meter for testing?
You will need one for this. I don't have a wiring diagram for that model but it sounds like you have it wired correctly.
But there is a reason the clock isn't getting power. We can start where we have power, then see if a fuse blew or a wire isnt making contact. If all is good there and you do have power to the clock, then the clock itself has failed. The reason for this is that when certain electronics have been on for meaning they have power, there are components that work fine until you remove power and the units electronics cool down. Then when power is re applied the part fails.
If I had to guess, and I hate to say it but I think the main control(clock has failed.)
But you need to check for power at the clock first to be sure.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please dont forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael, thanks for your speedy replies and advice. It was not the timer but your suggestion made look harder at what I had done and I tried the brown wire in a new position and 'bingo' all is working again. Having you there did help so expect a high rating.
Cheers,
Malc
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Malcolm, see...it pays to look hard lol;-)
Have a great weekend and I am so happy I could help!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Hi Malcolm ~ Your question keeps coming up as unresolved although it seems like Michael has sorted you out ~ Have you still got a problem?