Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

we have a zanussi zdc 37100w condensing tumble drier,works

we have a zanussi zdc 37100w condensing tumble drier,works fine but periodically makes a high pitched screech ,when drum is turning.It has been doing it a while now,so if it was a bearing,it would have collapsed completely by now.There doesnt seem any where on the machine to lubricate anything.I have had a quick look in the top,but there doesnt seem to be an easy way to see what supports the drum to see if it is rubbing on something.Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
How old is your dryer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

6 to 8 years old,and had fairly heavy workload in that time

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks David,
This will need a tune up kit basically.
You will need to replace the belt and the guide wheels for the drum. Its easy to replace and I will help you with this.
I would also replace the idler pulley (belt tensioner) as they will squeak as well.The reason I would change all these parts(not very expensive) is because it will then mean you wont need to do it again for a long time;-)
The best place to get these parts is Espares Phone: 0844 9777 888.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day David!
Tech Michael