Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Just moved to a new house that has a Belling dual grill and

Customer Question

Just moved to a new house that has a Belling dual grill and fan assisted oven. Both are wall mounted ( the grill above the oven ) The main wall On/Off switch was off and when switched on, the grill comes on but not the oven. What do we do, plus which user manual can I download foe these appliances. ?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
May I have the model #s? of both the grill and the oven?
Also does the oven seem to have any power, will fan run etc?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, no model numbers. On closer inspection I think the dual grill and fan oven are all one appliance. The only thing I can find is a label on the oven : Voltage...50HZ 240V | 230V

.........Total Load....KW 5.60|5.14

No power but the light flashes on and off once.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks J,
Does your oven have a clock? Is that working at all?
Also do you have a meter for testing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does have a clock and no it isn't working. I feel that the whole thing needs re-setting. Where the time used to show the word "auto" is flashing. don't have a meter for testing

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you J.
Does the clock respond to any button presses?
Also any beeping?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No response from clock and no beeping. Where the time should be is displaying 0.00

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks J,
The problem is the main controller has failed and will need to be replaced. Its not very difficult to do and requires no soldering. I will help you do this.
Basically it is the clock itself at fault, it controls all of that.
The best place to get a replacement control is Espares, phone: 0844 9777 888. They are reliable and ship the same day in most cases;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you J and have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will I need a part number?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi J, no you only need the model # ***** the oven;-)
Let me know when you have the part and I will help you with the install;-)
Have a nice Sunday!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

problem is there is no model number on it !!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi J, look really carefully on the chassis around the door, and anywhere in there for a plate with that #, its on there somewhere.
You may need to call customer care for that location.
Customer Care >
0844(###) ###-####
Opening hours >
Mon
8:00am - 6:00pm
Tues
8:00am - 6:00pm
Wed
8:00am - 6:00pm
Thur
8:00am - 6:00pm
Fri
8:00am - 6:00pm
Sat
8:30am - 2:00pm
Sun
10:00am - 2:00pm
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George... Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

To assist this: There should be a model number surrounding the oven cavity, and on the side/rear of the oven.. Should you manage to get the Model number then a manual can normally be obtained for you or alternatively a link to a live manual...

Once you have the manual, it will signify a series of buttons or a single button, which will turn the oven from Auto to Manual. Then you should be able to use your oven, unless faulty...

If you cannot find a Model number, there is a slight chance that if you post an image of your oven on here someone may be able to identify it and give you the model number or other help that you require.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi I have said exactly the same thing with regards ***** ***** where the model # ***** be;-)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As you should know by now, following my feed back reply , I am not happy with the response you gave me and my instinct told me that I didn't need a new part for the cooker which is why I didn't follow your advice. I even said that I felt it just needed re-setting. I had to get an engineer out to it, at a cost of £79 , and it did indeed need re-setting. Took about 5 seconds.!!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi as we can not see th appliance we rely on your feedback.
Im glad you got it working.
Have a great day!
Tech Mike