Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Ok. Jura F90 coffeee machine.Plastic part fell in grinder

Ok. Jura F90 coffeee machine.
Plastic part fell in grinder blocking mechanism. Tripped the house circuit breaker in process.
Dismounted grinder (actually over dismounted). Removed the plastic part, and reassembled grinder, including the three springs and bearings under the burr.
When reassembled noticed smaller spring and bearing left over.
Remounted machine, but grinder does not start. Then error message refill beans.
If the answer is buy and replace grinder, then I wont have learned anything as I can do that myself!
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

This perhaps is not the answer you want and I note Your last sentence, however, you have got a coffee machine with a retail cost of nearly £1000. As stated damage was caused to the grinder by a foreign object falling into it ~ I applaud You 'having a go' but without the correct manual/parts list putting it back together is a nightmare. You will also I hope have noted that the grinder assembly has got to be connected to the rest of the mechanism and calibrated ~ ie to ensure that everything works together and the coffee making operation happens in the correct sequence. If this is not carried out You are in danger of damaging the drive mechanism and subsequently wrecking the machine. If it were me I would contact the company below and order a new calibrated grinder assembly thereby saving you both piece of mind and less stress. ~ Ian

Customer: Hi Ian,
Customer: Hi Ian, I was about to go down that road, but on further investigation there seems to be a secondary issue. The grinder motor when unblocked was making no noise at all, when it should have been grinding. So I cheked the voltages going to the grinder when it should be operating. (I have a mutlimeter and I know how to use it :-) In fact there is no voltage at all. Now I am wondering did I blow up some of the electronics when the machine blew tripped the house circuitry. If that is the case, then a new grinder wont solve everything. What do you think?
Customer: Ross
Dales-Electronic :

Leave it with me Ross, I will look and see they have any exchange deals in place that can save you money or alternatively see what the cost of a new or replacement pcb is ~ be right back

Dales-Electronic :

OK how long have you had the coffee machine and did you get it from on of the Jura dealers?

Dales-Electronic :

one

Customer: Hey, th jura
Customer: The jura machine is rather old, (8 years). Not sure if it is worth an exchange. My better half wants me just to buy a new one!
Customer: Installing a new grinder would by easy, now that I know how,. I am just worried that the electronics are fried and a new grinder wouldn't work.
Dales-Electronic :

OK let me see if we can get you a board at a reasonable price, be a shame to scrap it ~ still looking

Customer: Hey Ian, un,ounted pcb, it was completely black on the underside. As suspected it was fried. Found a pcb supplier form a german site. I can get a pcb plus refurbished grinder for about 80 euro.
Customer: I wouldn't have gone for a pcb solution if you hadn't mentioned it. So I will give you an good service mark.
Dales-Electronic :

Excellent news and many thanks for the good service report ~ keep me in the loop I keep meaning to get myself a decent coffee machine enjoy ~ Ian