George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

hello I have a baumatic bd1631 dishwasher was working great

hello I have a baumatic bd1631 dishwasher was working great then just stopped no lights no nothing iv checked the fuse and the wall socket they are fine
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

At what point along the wash cycle did this happen?

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

im not sure but it was before the end of the cycle

George-Allsorts :

Are you handy and safe with a multimeter?

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

um no don't have 1 sorry blonde hairdresser il see if I can borrow 1 of some1

George-Allsorts :

There are many reasons that the appliance could lose full power inc, supply, socket, plug, cable, suppressor, switch, pcb, interior cable or plugs.

If you don't have the tools or capability to use the tools then you should click here to FIND AN ENGINEER to find an appliance technician local to you.

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

iv got a muiltmeter my son in law is going to have a look tomorrow so if he does can he speak to you then please

George-Allsorts :

Yes, certainly.. I will send you an additional service request in-case he wants to chat to me by telephone rather than waiting until I am on here...

Please remember to rate kindly when appropriate

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

hello he is just looking at it now there is no power going to the on/off switch

George-Allsorts :

OK is there power coming into the appliance at the end of the cable?

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

yes but no power up to the mother board

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. can you wait a little while whilst In try get a wiring diagram?

George-Allsorts :

How good are you at following wiring diagrams?

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

oh no is it repairable do u think or should I just give in and dump it

George-Allsorts :

Is that the mum or the son in law?

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

mum

George-Allsorts :

Is he still there?

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

no I don't no if hes about tomorrow if that would help sorry

George-Allsorts :

If there is power at the cable but none at the switch then we need to find where the loss is

George-Allsorts :

I have the wiring diagram here

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

he looked earler and nearly had heart failer when he saw the amount of wires so im not sure

George-Allsorts :

Well I should be able to guide him

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

ok il try and get him bk up tomorrow thanks for the help sorry im hopeless

George-Allsorts :

dont worry.. we will get there

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

thank you

George-Allsorts :

you're welcome... Please remember to rate kindly

George-Allsorts :

Hello again, How did you get n with testing the dishwasher?

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

sorry my son in law is at work not sure which day hes off hopefully soon as dishwashers out in the room sorry

George-Allsorts :

Oki doki.. I'm jut concerned that your question will time out before the responses have been rated

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

ok how much time do I have please

George-Allsorts :

Don't know.. you could rate now in which case you can continue returning, using the same link, and it will keep bringing you to me then.

JACUSTOMER-7wzhgbxh- :

ok wonderfull thank you for all yr help

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry iv given up with trying to get my son in law up to help iv got a scrap man picking it up tomorrow

Sorry about that Paula... If the scrap man does not collect, try this for recycling of the appliance Find My Recycler which may be able to help you