Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a power drill No 0 603 386 842 which stopped working.

I have a power drill No 0 603 386 842 which stopped working. There was no odd noise or any kind of smell i.e burning or over heating. Being an ex B.T technician I took the side cover off and it all looked okay. Except a small resister which appears rather black. Can that be the problem and if so can I obtain a spare?
Yours Sincerely. Derek Wileman.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that. It could be the resistor, but do you have a meter for testing a few things?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry not to have viewed your answer but I have to take my partner to Hospital. Once I have her settled I will get back to you.lateri in the day.Hoping for your understanding and patience.

Derek.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Derek, thats ok I will be here all day today;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I am home once again and can borrow a meter.

Derek

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Derek I am here now If you are?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael. I am here for the rest of the day. Maybe we can get together at last. Sorry about the delays but I live in Boston and have had to be in Peterborough hospital. I am now all ears. Derek

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
LOL ;-)
Derek,
this could be a bad resistor or maybe even a bad switch. Usually it is just a bad control, does yours have the switch and small PC Board attached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, no pc board attached

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Derek,
Do you have the meter? We need to check the switch first I will help you there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a meter.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Derek. check that when you connect the meter to the switch please let me know if you have continuity when you have the button fully depressed.
Its likely ok.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it's a faulty switch . So bloody obvious, why didn't I think of that. At 80 plus I suppose I am entitled to a few "senior moments".Thank you for steering me in the right direction. Derek.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
LOL Derek you are very welcome!
I am glad you figured it out.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Derek !
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
d