Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Integrated Teka dishwasher. Is not working. The lights of

Customer Question

Integrated Teka dishwasher. Is not working. The lights of the settings come on . But the dishwasher does not start or fill with water etc. I first noticed the issue when I shut the door to start the machine and it kept on giving warning bleeps similar to when the wash cycle has finished. However the machine is no longer giving these warning sounds when I close the door to start. .. And is just remaining inactive .but with the settings lights on. I would be grateful for some advice. I am based in Winchester Uk
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The model number iis. DW55 Fl
So far I have tried disconnecting the plug and then plugging it in again
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok when you set it going if you listen very carefully at the bottom is there a humming noise from there?

Is there any water inside the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I close the door to start the machine their is no longer any warning sound and the machine does not seem to be responding .ie fill with water
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if its not doing anyting at all and wont start then its usually either the door latch or the control unit or the wiring.

As the fisrt thing a dishwasher does is brings the pump on and then stop and then fill. So if the pump isnt comming on at all and theres no humming at the bottom then its just not starting the cycle going.

What you need to do is remove the outer wooden door and then remove the metal outer door panel and the plastic control panel.

From there you will see the door latch in the middle. Check the microswitch on there as if this isnt flipping over and activating the switch then the appliance thinks the doors open and wont start.

But if the door latch is ok then you need to check the wiring in the door. Give the wires a tug as it goes down the door to the underside and check there isnt any broken wires as dishwasher like to break wires there.

But if the wiring is fine as well as the door latch then its possibley the control board not starting and for this you would need to replace the control board here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks for this advice. Can you tell me which screws unfasten the wooden door the ones I can see are short and I do not seem to go far back past the metal to the wood.
IOne thing I did not mention was that my Combi boiler stopped working . And has just been replaced. Could there be any connection.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Taking the wooden door off is somthing i cannot help on without being there as it depends on how the kicthen fitter installed it.

Usually if you pull the door down its the very bottom screw on each side and then the top on each side. Just remove 1 screw at a time and see if its a long screw.

As to the boiler problem i dont think it will be that as the dishwasher should be connected to the cold supply. Plus if it was a water fault when you start it the pump should still run as thats the first thing it does.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply . I have managed to remove the door . Located the micro switch but not sure whether it is engaging or not. How do I test this?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Looking at the latch you will see the hook. Use a small screwdriver and push the hook backwards and it should switch over and activate the switch so when its done this if you test it you should get a reading on yout multimeter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I realise a fried has already checked this with therir multiple meter and said they had a Reading . I don't have a meter to recheck this
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Ok if the switch is fine and then check the wiring in the door and if thats all ok then its looking like the control board is the fault here im afraid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks for your reply . Yes I have pulled the wires as you suggested and none have come away. If it is the control board is it possible to locate the issue in some way or do I need to order a new board and then reconnect the terminals?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Ok as to fixing the board. If you are good at electronics then you can try and test the componments yourself and see what you find. That is just something we dont do as repairers. We just replace the boards as we dont go down to componment level im afraid.

But as to fitting the board its just a case of swapping the wiring blocks over.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks for your reply how do I find the price of a replacement board and were from I am in winchester uk
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Ok ive had a quick look at the spares site i use but none of them have it listed. You may be best contacting Teka direct. But parts for these are usually very expensive.

You may find it cheaper to get a fixed price repair from British Gas. As with them its £125 all in so no matter what part it needs thats all you pay. Were as if you brought the part yourself its going to be more then that.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much for your advice .
Yes, I will look at the British gas offer .
With best regards
Ann
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Your very welcome. I think it will be a better option due to the price of parts on this.

If you havent alreay if you could rate the answer that would be great.