Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi there, my hotpoint quadrio FF4D K is overheating and everyone

Hi there, my hotpoint quadrio FF4D K is overheating and everyone I sort it out. An hour or two later alarm goes off. Light start flashing And I go through it again. The freezer not freezing. But keeping a little cool. I would like to know if I could fix the problem my self or get someone in.
The fan doesn't seam to come on, when should the fan start?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK first things first, go around the back, can you see the compressor (motor) put your hand on it when it has been running and tell me if it is hot or just look warm? Whilst you are there confirm it is operating on refrigerant R600a and come back to me # *****

Customer:

The motor is hot and the refrigerant is R600a

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have one of two problems ~ a. the appliance has lost most of its refrigerant and is therefore unable to cool both the product ou put in it and its motor (very common) or the motor itself is faulty and is unable to pump sufficient refrigerant around the system to keep things cool. In both cases you will need a domestic appliance engineer (refrigeration skilled and they all aren't) to have a look at it, either top up with refrigerant or replace the motor if you so wish. Sorry I cant help you with a DIY repair its to much of a specialised job for that. If I can advise you further please feel free to call back ~ if you are happy with my response kindly rate my reply (I need the rating to close the job down) Take Care ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Looks like I need a new keyboard too ~ typo, You & later too - which fan do you refer to, the one inside the unit?

Dales-Electronic :

If inside this comes on at approx. - 6C

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

In the of the freezer. I open to have look

Dales-Electronic :

OK that's fine and as I said would come on at about -6C ~ if you want a competent engineer I can send you a link that may help

Customer:

Yes please

Dales-Electronic :

try this if that doesn't work out come back to me ~~ http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/search/find-an-appliance-engineer.html

Dales-Electronic :

If you could rate me when you're happy Id appreciate it ~ In