Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi, my AEG washing machine will not dispense soap or softner

Hi, my AEG washing machine will not dispense soap or softner anymore. Only the tra on the left run water through. I can sometimes get it to work by turning the water inlet valve off and on again but it does not switch between the trays by itself.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its a AEG L14710 VT
Just come up with an error code for the first time E10
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. What you will find here is the water valve is faulty. As on the valve theres 3 coils.
One for the prewash/rinse one or the main was and the other is for the dryer side.

Its more then likely one of the coils is faulty. What you need to do is remove the top and you will see the valve at the back. Remove the wiring block from each coil and test them. They should read about 3.6 Kohms. You dont need to test the green coil as thats the dryer so just test the other 2.

If any are faulty then you need to replace the water valve and this should cure the fault from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thats great thanks. I see that the valves are quite cheap. Would I need three valves or just one?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
You will only need the one as it comes complete with the 3 coils on it already.