Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi I am trying to replace the switch on my hob on a electric

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to replace the switch on my hob on a electric rangemaster 110
The original part was a diamond h regulator (40er102c1)
And I am try to replace with a ego 50.57071.010
I have
one brown wire
1 yellow wire and 1 red wire crimped together
1 blue
1blue wire and 1white wire crimped together
Can you tell me were to place these on the new ego
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Have you still got the wires connected to the Diamond H thermostat or have you pulled them off?

JACUSTOMER-fz5we4hq- :

I have taken them off im afraid

Dales-Electronic :

OK You'll have to leave this with me then until I can get hold of a wiring diagram tomorrow, can you now give me the full model number of the rangemaster together with its serial number. Unfortunately the wiring colours differ with models the 110 just indicates a series rather than a model number. ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-fz5we4hq- :

I will have a look for the model number tommorow and let you know (we're would I find it)

Dales-Electronic :

Either in the draw space at the side or on the back

Dales-Electronic :

OK when you have got the details can you also tell me what contacts you have on the back of the Diamond H switch, you should have something like P1, P2, 2 $ S

JACUSTOMER-fz5we4hq- :

On the original diamond h controll I have s2-4-4a-p1-2

JACUSTOMER-fz5we4hq- :

On the ego I have p1-p2-s1-s2-4-pilot

Dales-Electronic :

OK come back to me with the model number when you have it

Dales-Electronic :

Just out of interest how did you end up with a Ego energy regulator when Diamond H are still available.

JACUSTOMER-fz5we4hq- : Because I spoke the range master and they told me the original part was unavailing and this would do the job it is a range master leisure 110 green -240 volts serial number5344040119
JACUSTOMER-fz5we4hq- : bulid year 98
Dales-Electronic :

OK I've just been speaking to the Service Manager at Rangemaster who is going to send me a wiring diagram and modification sheet to show how to change them over ~ according to them You should have received the mod sheet with the Ego energy regulator that was supplied ~ should be here this afternoon by email ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-fz5we4hq- :

Thank you and I did look but couldn't seem to find anything

Dales-Electronic :

No worries, we do work for Rangemaster here so didn't have to go too far around the houses to get an answer ~ they usually supply like for like controls and the Diamond H is still available hence my question ~ speak to you a little later

Dales-Electronic :

OK here are the connections

Dales-Electronic :

Blue + White wire goes to 4

Dales-Electronic :

Single blue wire goes to P2

Dales-Electronic :

Yellow + Red goes to 2

Dales-Electronic :

Single brown goes to P1

Dales-Electronic :

Once you are happy with that kindly rate my service ~ good luck and make sure you have the electric switched off when you are doing this ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-fz5we4hq- :

One last thing can you tell me were the main electric supply goes in to the oven so I can check it is disconnected I can't seem to find it ?

Dales-Electronic :

You should have a 2 pole switch on the wall that will allow you to isolate the oven totally from the electric supply sometimes its just a single switch or sometimes it has a single 13 amp socket forming part of it. You can normally work out where it is by seeing where the cable goes as it comes out of the back of the oven

Dales-Electronic :

Alternatively, you should have a dedicated trip or fuse in you fusebox solely for the oven circuit