George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hello I hope you can help. I have a neff built oven BC45C52.3GB

I hope you can help.
I have a neff built oven BC45C52.3GB and have used the Aqua assist this afternoon with no problems.
Having finished the appliance should have pumped out any water left in the system but is now showing an error message in the time window - E8 46 - and it is completely frozen.
I've turned it off completely for half an hour, pressed all the buttons, removed the water tray, replaced the water tray but nothing doing.....any suggestions please?
Andree
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

Can you confirm the model number please as I cannot find this one in neff's listings

Customer: Hello - thanks for your help.
Customer: hi - the model is : B45c52.3gb . Thanks
George-Allsorts :

Your appliance must be B45C52N3GB/01 as this is the only appliance at Neff with any similarity to the model number you gave....

Please write that down for future reference

George-Allsorts :

I'll be back in a moment

Customer: Ok- thanks - just took the info off the front page of the instruction manual ....
George-Allsorts :

it could however be B45C52N3GB/04 as this is also listed but is the same machine almost

Customer: Ok, thanks.
George-Allsorts :

One moment

George-Allsorts :

Try this

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Let me know if that works

Customer: Hi - done that but no success. I've found a French troubleshooting site that suggests it means the pump that returns the water to the water tray has broken and will need replacing - does that seem feasible? I can't find this error message or problem on any of the neff websites etc.
George-Allsorts :

The actual error code means that the pump will not come out of phase, but what that is suggesting I am not sure.. I will contact tech for you tomorrow

Customer: Ok - that's great - thank you. Andrew
George-Allsorts :

E 846 Maximum time for draining exceeded
1. Float remains on the top - replace evaporator module.
2. Fault on Pump 2

IF the problem persists Replace "only" Pump 2.

Customer: Hi. Ok, so it needs a mechanical repair? Andrew
George-Allsorts :

yup... at lease it is pointing you in the correct direction now

Please remember to rate my assistance to you kindly