Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hello, I was just wondering whether it is possible to remove

Hello, I was just wondering whether it is possible to remove waste pipe from indesit DIS04 dishwasher completely as mice have chewed through area very near the back and not sure there is room to cut it out and out a join in. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Yes the drain hose can be replaced on these.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its left hand side.
Then from there remove the bottom base cover and then you can access the drain hose from the bottom.

The drain hose will be held on by a spring clamp so use a pair of pliers and from there you can remove the drain hose and swap it over with the new hose.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for quick response. I have put on its side but wondering if there is a certain way of removing the base
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if you have it on its side look at the base cover at the front which will be the left side from were you are looking at it there are 2 tabs. Just use a small screwdriver to prise the tabs out and then you can remove the base cover from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bingo! Thank you!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries your very welcome.

If you could also rate the answer that would be great. Dont worry as you can still get back to me on this if you need anymore info even after rating the answer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry one last question, now I have removed base and removed pipe from socket how can I remove completely as seems to be wedged in the gap at the back where it goes into the machine. Am I missing something.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Were the drain hose goes through the back there should just be a cover to need to remove to allow the hose to be pulled out.

Have a good look at it and you will be able to see how its removed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ah got it. Was being dumb. Thanks. I'll rate now
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Haha no worries glad you sorted it.