Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Tecnik built in frdge, about 9 years old. I can't

I have a Tecnik built in frdge, about 9 years old. I can't regulate the temperature and everything freezes up. Is a repair possible?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK I will try to help you here but the questions that follow may sound a little strange but bare with me. When you say everything freezes up do you actually mean the back wall of the fridge freezes up or that everything in the fridge freezes up ie the milk freezes?

Dales-Electronic :

Secondly, do you hear the motor going on and off or does it seem to constantly run?

Customer:

Hello Ian

Customer:

Hello Ian. the back wall freezes up. I'm not sure if the fridge motor ever turns off or not as it's quiet but I notice it seems to run all the time.

Dales-Electronic :

Hi if you can give me the heads up on the two questions above I can take you through the fault finding ~ Ian

Customer:

I don't know what more you want me to say

Customer:

The back wall freezes and so do most items on the shelves though the milk in the door hasn't frozen so far

Dales-Electronic :

OK im going to send you a additional service link just in case we get cut off this will include my mobile number but this is a surprisingly common event these days and is caused by either there being insufficient refrigerant to carry out the cooling (it having leaked out over a period of time) or alternatively the motor (called a compressor) failing. It is usually the former rather than the latter - in both cases the result is that the appliance does not get to the temperature that is required for the thermostat to switch it off so it constantly runs and because of this no automatic defrosting is carried out, result a build up of ice on the back. You will need an engineer to come out and have a look for you and either top up the system with refrigerant or if cost effective change the motor if you require it. Its not a DIY job sadly ~ if I can be of further assistance or you want to talk on the phone the link will pop up in a moment ~ if not kindly rate my service so that I can close down the job. Sorry I couldn't give you a easy fix ~ Ian