Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

where is the bypass screw in a Smeg S64S Cucina 60cm Stainless

Customer Question

where is the bypass screw in a Smeg S64S Cucina 60cm Stainless Steel 4 Burner Gas Hob to finely adjust flame Please??
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi . there isn't one . only in an oven built onto the thermostat

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

I spoke to Belling this Am and they told me that was what was needed adjustment to better control the flame intensity???

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

-------- i.e. flame intensity on each burner

Customer:

Hi . I don't think that is right . a gas hob is preset , but will check . 2 mins , please

Customer:

Hi . ok , yes there are . take off the control know and you will see the flame height adjustment screw.

Customer:

Control knob , I meant

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Control Knob? Had already done but cannot see an adjustment screw. One screw to RHS but that just holds the gas jet mechanism to the ss hob surface? John

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

----I Have to go out to see a friend in hospital. will reconnect later John

Customer:

Its definitely there , just checked with smeg.

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Back ! Glad its there but where? When I lift off the knob there is a fixing screw to the right (torq type) and there is a brown plastic clip that controls the spark when pushed down but nothing else that I can see! A real puzzle that I would love to get to the bottom of. john

Customer:

It could be tiny.would you be able to upland a photo?

Customer:

Do you have the model and serial number? Will be on the data badge

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Its a Belling No ********* Bel GHU60GE MK2 Stainless

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Toby, Not sure how to upload Photograph in this format Could email you one seperately if you let me have adddress. John

Customer:

I've checked the manual and its not there. I think you have been told the wrong thing and there is no flame height adjustment on this model . is the flame too high , too low?

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Too high on low settings so difficult to simmer! john

Customer:

Is it running on natural or LPG gas?

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Gas bottle of Butane !

Customer:

Ok John . is the hob set for butane? On the data badge it should give a G rating.

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

The label says [email protected], G30 @28- 30Mbar, G31 @ 37mbar :

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

The technical Data in accompaning booklet refers to injector markings for LP gas of 70, 70, 87 & 50! It also refers to bypass screw for eack of 32, 32, 40, 27! Hope this makes some sense! Have to go again. John

Customer:

Ok.

Customer:

You are running g30 butane. I think you have the wrong injectors installed . they sit under the burners and screw in an out.

Customer:

In the booklet does it say what injectors are for g30 butane?

Customer:

The hob will usually come with ba pack of them to change depending on gas used

Customer:

Ok . John . hob small injector73. Hob med injector 145. Hob large injector 218 . hob wok injector 254. Once these are screwed in your flame should be normal . these are the butane injectors. Screw them in fairly tight and test for leaking by turning on , putting finger over the jet and putting leak detector( washing liquid and water ) will work too .but if in any doubt of your ability get a LPG gas engineer .

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Toby, replaced the jets this am and sorry but this is not the solution. They fire up with great verve but burn yellow at the tips. Clearly not enough air! I have not resolved the question as to whether there is a bypass screw to tailor the flame to allow a simmer to be achieved. I called Belling this am to try and get an answer to this. Stonewalled!! Techicians will only talk to a Gas Safe engineer. Fair enough but as the customer I believe that I have a right to understand what I am letting myself in for before tasking anyone else.

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Thanks for your assistance ! John

Customer:

Your welcome

Customer:

Hi . John , I will phone them myself and get Back to you . John its definitely the belling model , not the smeg culina?

Customer:

Hi . John do you have the GC number , should be on bthe data badge or manual,thanks

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Thanks Yes the Belling model No ********* Seriel No 27!40815460. Reference is made in accompaning booklet refers to injector markings for LP gas of 70, 70, 87 & 50! It also refers to bypass screw for each of 32, 32, 40,27. I the guess therefore that conversion kit ( No ********* that is referred to in the booklet that Belling would supply but when asked, not/could not tell what it contained, probably has these bypass screws enclosed ! There is no GC number on display just the above and BEL GHU60GE MK2 John

Customer:

Hi John .

Customer:

Just been on the phone to belling technical. They say it needs a butane conversion kit , part number08261498. There should be flame height adjustment on the knobs. Did you have the butane conversion kit?

Customer:

http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es789426/lpg-conversion-kit-bgh569006

JACUSTOMER-jwri60e6- :

Toby,Thanks and no I do not have the butane conversion kit. I wanted to know what I was buying i.e. what was in the kit. I will now do just that now. You have been more than helpful and I appreciate your patient handling of my quieries. John

Your welcome John