Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Any idea trouble shooting Bosch HMG 8482GB/03 Microwave Ov

Any idea trouble shooting Bosch HMG 8482GB/03 Microwave Oven?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Im at home at the moment but just check this for me ~ some combination ovens have a fan to cool the electronics and will remain on after You have used it for up to 20 mins. Just leave it on and tell me if it goes off after a period of time. If so it was just the cooling system cooling the electronic controls off ~ if not come back to me and I'll check the service manual tomorrow ~ hope that helps if so kindly rate my service ~ Ian

Customer:

It is the cooling fan and the light that fail to stop .I have left it running for couple hours and it was still running

Customer:

normally after the Oven is timed off , the light and the cooling fan continue for few minutes then switch off

Customer:

ok come back to me after you have checked it tomorrow morning.

Dales-Electronic :

OK sounds like the cooling fan cut out has failed

Customer:

where is this fan cut-off ? and will it effect the light as well?

Dales-Electronic :

Cant tell you at the moment until I can look at the circuit diagram, the cut-out is usually bolted to the top or back of the oven and measures the oven cavity temperature switching the fan on and off as required ~ at the moment I cant find the model number on the parts suppliers that we use ~ how old is it?

Customer:

I had bought it in 1994 but did not use it for few years .It lasted on so far

Customer:

Microwave and oven work ok but the cooling fan and light fail to stop

Dales-Electronic :

OK leave it with me as soon as I get some info I'll post it on here for You

Customer:

ok thanks, ***** ***** signoff now

Customer:

Hi Ian, I don't know what I have done but the Microwave is working now. Yesterday, I opened it and traced all the wires from the Fan and the light and checked all the micro switches with the Volt meter .All seemed ok .It seems I might have disturbed something to resolve the problem. I am sure the problem will re-occur again .Would appreciate if you can e-mail me some schemetic drawings for this model and the possible cause.

Dales-Electronic :

OK because of its age I have been unable to get a circuit diagram but I attach the spare parts listing, there are three thermal cutouts used on the oven, one on the magnetron which we can discount and one attached to the left side of the oven Part number 00030666(when you have the cover off ~ disconnect from the electric supply please) and one on or near the back of the ventilator fan assy. Part number 00029707. I would suggest the most likely on is 29707 but I would change them both to be sure. If then doesn't rectify the fault you have an electronics fault. Ah just got you latest, attached is the pdf parts list which I hope will be useful next time around. If you need further advice please call ~ in the meantime kindly rate my service so I can close the job down. Have a great day ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Just check extra options ~ Ian

Customer:

Thanks Ian , I will change the part you suggested if it fail again.

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.