Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a rangemaster 44580 American fridge that was stopped

I have a rangemaster 44580 American fridge that was stopped working , the des play operates as normal and I have tested the compressor which is fine but there is no power going to the compressor . What are my possible faults ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Is the fan at the bottom near the compressor or the fan inside the freezer running?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yea kicks in straight away
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok so the fan near the compressor and the fan in side the freezer is running. In this case if you are sure you dont have 240v at the compressor then its looking like a control issue.

As the fan near the compressor should only run when the compressor does as its the condenser fan and stops the compressor from overheating and cools it all down.

So as thats running then the compressor should be as well. So if there isnt power to the compressor then you need to check the control board on the top of the appliance as i think the fault will be with this board aim afraid here.