George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

hi i'm needing an internal wiring diagram for a diplomat 4610

Customer Question

hi i'm needing an internal wiring diagram for a diplomat 4610 double oven
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George.. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

I can try get you one tomorrow..

What is the problem you are having, can I try assist?

Customer :

Hi George I have tested the double oven and had a low reading on the bottom oven element0.06 M ohms. To double check this i disconnected a few wires. The fan oven element was also low 0.10 M ohms However the fuse is going pop now since i put the wires back together I may have mixed a neutral and feed up somewhere. ????

George-Allsorts :

Oven elements are bi-polar.. Have you tried removing the wires agin and trying again without the wires, then working from there forward?

George-Allsorts :

This is unless they are 4 prong elements obviously

Customer :

sorry not the element at the black incomer connection point. are all the neutrals blue ?

George-Allsorts :

Terminal block

Customer :

i have a black a red and three blues which i assumed were the neutrals? yeah terninal block

George-Allsorts :

OK. I see you problem.. can you see where any of the cables lead to?

Customer :

one blue goes to the fan on top of oven the other two blues go the cam switches. the red also goes to the cam switch and im pretty sure the black does as well. the red and black go via cut outs

George-Allsorts :

I would normally say then that the black and the red are positive and the blues are neutral

George-Allsorts :

But are you getting an immediate trip from that

Customer :

yeah when i turn on the top oven its straight off. initially it was tripping the rcd and i checked for the low reading on elements but now fuse is going

Customer :

thats why i was hoping for diagram. the cam switches are awkward to work out as well :(

George-Allsorts :

So is the top oven a 4 tab?

George-Allsorts :

or even a 3 tab?

Customer :

By 4 tab do you mean a neutral which is linked across two terminals and then two feeds to the other two terminals?

George-Allsorts :

yep

Customer :

its not in front of me but the top oven has a four tab at the top and a a two tab at the bottom. the bottom oven has the same and also the element round the fan

Customer :

i think anyway

George-Allsorts :

but is it only the top that is tripping?

Customer :

well it is yeah however when i checked it initially if you had bothe ovens on the rcd tripped. i disconnected the bottom oven bottom element as it had the 0.06 Meg ohm reading and since i put it back together in the black term box i thought i had ballsed it up

Customer :

sorry that didnt make sense. since i put it back together it is now tripping fuse but not the rcd

George-Allsorts :

But don't forget, it is possible that the readings are cumulative... ie. the readings raise with power/heat

Customer :

she rarely uses the bottom oven so i agree but is that not too low for an rcd?

George-Allsorts :

I will try get you the wiring diagram tomorrow and we can proceed with this following obtaining that..

George-Allsorts :

we will get to the bottom of this

Customer :

many thanks i realise i'm not the best at explaining the situation. lol i hope so speak to you tomorrow cheers again

George-Allsorts :

No probs

George-Allsorts :

Hi, couldn't get in touch with the manufacturer today to get you a wiring diagram.. will try again tomorrow