George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My washing machine Bosch WFB 2005, we have it for about 14

My washing machine Bosch WFB 2005, we have it for about 14 years with no problems at all. Last week we used it and it was ok. Yesterday when we tried to start it, it did not start and caused a power cut off . Would you please advise.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me at what stage did it go pop and trip the electric?

Customer:

In pressing the star button

George-Allsorts :

When you say the 'Star' button.. which of the four buttons is that?

Customer:

sorry the start button, on/off one

George-Allsorts :

Ahh.. sorry.. I did not relate the two...

And from what area of the washing machine did you hear the pop... Could you tell?... Was it at the top near the button, or by the door?

Customer:

Yes

George-Allsorts :

Was it at the top near the button or was it further down the appliance by the door?

Customer:

I think near the button

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

Customer:

George-Allsorts :

Sorry, I cannot see from the diagram which of the switches is the start switch

George-Allsorts :

Could you enlighten me

George-Allsorts :

is it the one to the far left?

Customer:

It is the 1st button next to the soap compartment

George-Allsorts :

That is what I presumed.. Please wait a moment and I shall find some part infor mation and an engineer link for you

George-Allsorts :

The part is available and is less than £10 from Bosch ... The part number for the switch is #00067364 and here is a link to that part on the Bosch site

If you are unable to fit that part yourself the you can fine an appliance technician to assist you at FIND AN ENGINEER

Customer:

George-Allsorts :

If you need anything further, please feel free to ask

Customer:

Ok

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate kindly

Customer:

Mr Allsorts: I opened and closed the door of the washing machine and restarted it red light let on but nothing happened it did not start.

George-Allsorts :

Did the door lock?

Customer:

Yes

George-Allsorts :

and the interlock then prevented you from reopening the door?

Customer:

No I can open it

George-Allsorts :

and if you close the door again, then press the start button.. does the door lock and prevent you from opening it again... can you try that just to be sure please

Customer:

I can open and close it and I pressed start button many time I could hear the interlock sound, and it does not start, but the red light is on

George-Allsorts :

After you pressed start, could you still open the door?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

Then this is the part that you require, which resides further down the machine by the door Door Interlock

George-Allsorts :

This is a part that is very much easier to fit and if you feel up to doing it then I could assist you descriptively

Customer:

So is it a door lock problems?

George-Allsorts :

yes.. that is why I asked you where on the appliance the popping sound came from

George-Allsorts :

hopefully, the shorting of the interlock did not damage anything else as those older machines are pretty resiliant

Customer:

Oh thank you. I buy it now. and let you know when I fix it. Good bye

George-Allsorts :

OK .. bye for now

George-Allsorts :

Remember to rate kindly