Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have problems re-inserting the condenser in my Hotpoint Tumble

I have problems re-inserting the condenser in my Hotpoint Tumble Dryer, model number TDC32. The condenser was taken out to clean and I am finding I cannot re-insert it fully to allow the door to close. Is there a "trick" to re-inserting the condenser fully to allow the door to close?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but are the locking latches out of the way and are you trying to put it in the right way up because it is easy to miss both of these and get it wrong ~ Ian

Customer:

Hi Ian. I notice locking latches at the back of where the condenser goes into. They are visable so I do not know hoe to engage them

Customer:

PS. My wife took the condenser out and is sure she tired to re-insert it the same way it came out.

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have attached the user handbook but just make sure that You are putting it in the right way around, handle at the front the locking latches (if fitted) are at the front and that it is pushed all the way home, sometimes you have to wiggle it up and down when it is nearly fully in. Also check that the seals at front and back of the condenser are not loose. Im here let me know how you get on ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Page 15

Customer:

I have already downloaded the manual you attached. We are clearly talking about the same thing. The manual shows that the condenser should slip straight out and does not seem to indicate that there is any special way to re-insert. I maybe wrong about the locking latches. I don't see any at the front. I was referring to what appears to be latches all the way at the back. I have checked all the seals and they seem ok. I have tried re-inserting and wiggling to no avail. When I push the condenser in it seems to come up against something.

Dales-Electronic :

Tip the appliance back to 45 degrees and prop the door so it doesn't bang into anything taking a torch look inside and check there is nothing obstructing the cavity, once you are sure its clear slide the condenser in ~ remember it is possible to have the condenser in upside down, it will only fit in one way, if I remember right on some of the models there was an arrow near the handle indicating which way was up. If you have got it right it should just slide in

Customer:

Thanks. Give me a few minutes and I'll get back to you

Customer:

Done all of that. Still nothing doing. The slot is clean and clear. There are 5 or 6 "pins" at the back end of the slot. That was what I was referring to as locking latches. They seem to be fixed as I could not move or depress them manually. There is nothing on the condenser to indicate top or bottom but I have tried to re-insert both ways but still no luck.

Dales-Electronic :

OK leave this one with me ~ Im going to get the diagram out and see if there are any other danger areas,

Customer:

Ian. I think I have solved it. The door has slipped down a bit and the slot in the door is not fully aligned with the condenser. When I lift the door a tad it all seems to line up and the door closes.

Dales-Electronic :

Ah great ~ I think to be honest I was looking (from the information you gave me) in the wrong area, actually the condenser was going in fine it was the door that wasn't closing ~ glad you have managed to sort it, perhaps a couple of packing washers under the door hinge would push it up abit ~ if my help has been at useful kindly rate me. Sorry we didn't sort it earlier ~ Ian

Customer:

No problems Ian. Thanks for your patience. Have a good day, bye

Dales-Electronic :

And you ~ take care

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.