Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a built-in whirlpool for Ikea MSI A10 microwave. After

Customer Question

I have a built-in whirlpool for Ikea MSI A10 microwave. After it's finished heating and should stop, the light stays on and the plate keeps turning and there's a burning plastic smell. We've had to switch it off at mains.
Is this fixable or do we have to buy a new one?
Many thanks indeed.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is what I would do first, get the microwave out of its housing and put it on a bench or covered table. Then take the cover off and see if you can see what has melted and come back to with me with your finding. We can then decide where to go with it ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Obviously have it disconnected when you are taking it out