Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hello, I am in the market looking for a bean to cup coffee

Customer Question

Hello, I am in the market looking for a bean to cup coffee machine. I require a front water filler, frother wand and under £380 and les than 40cm high.
Help please, there are so many ESAM numbers what does it mean and what is the difference between ESAM 4200, 5400 an 5600?
Thank you. C. Bridge
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me ask you a couple of questions first, you have stated that you want a front water filler but all the DeLonghi ESAMs are fitted with a top filling water tank so are we discounting them? If not the one that seems to get very good ratings is the ESAM4200. Candidly all the others are just more bells and whistles to worry about. Size is 37 x 40 x 28 which is within your parameters.

JACUSTOMER-3k97vvtd- :

Than you Ian. How do I know which is the latest updated versirion

JACUSTOMER-3k97vvtd- :

version by code number? Sorry cat on the key

JACUSTOMER-3k97vvtd- :

board!!

Dales-Electronic :

Will check for you be right back

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is a current model so spare parts will be available for the future, I attach the Amazon reviews for you perusal which generally are glowing, you can also see the other models but in see no benefit in spending the extra ~ infact after reading those reviews I might just get one myself ~ so pros long established brand, tried and tested model, spares parts back up, great reviews and a really good price. Cons seem to be that its a little noisy but if the coffees good I could put up with it. If your happy with my help kindly rate my information so that I can shut you job down but feel free to come back to me for further info if you want it ~ now wheres my credit card !!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still not sure about meaning of ESAM (I hate acronyms) but otherwise the answer was confirming and helpful. Thank you.

Let me have a look for you later when I get back in the office, I think it is just a range of coffee machines abit like say Ford Mondeo ie Ford being manufacturer Mondeo being its model with various versions ~ ESAM being the model with its various variants.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have rated Ian as providing an excellent answer to my questions. On his recommendation I have bought the item and so far am very pleased with it. thank you. C. Bridge

Keep me in the loop on this one as I am on the lookout for a bean/cup for a self Christmas present. Be grateful for an unbiased opinion once you have got used to it. Kind regards ***** *****