Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

how to replace atop oven door seal on a 600 sidom,

Customer Question

how to replace a top oven door seal on a stoves 600 sidom,double oven,

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the full model number and serial ~ should be behind the main oven door or on the back and then I will dig up the diagram and help you

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

Hi Ian,

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

sorry, it is a stoves 600 sidom model ********* I have ordered a seal part number ********* tom

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the model number again the system has blocked it as it sees it as a telephone number space it out if you have to

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

and serial number 61118266

Dales-Electronic :

Model no please too

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

model is ********* /p>

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

model is0 5 0 5 5 1 1 0 9

Dales-Electronic :

Excellent two secs

Dales-Electronic :

OK as you look at it is there a stainless centre plate at the top centre of the top oven cavity?

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

YES

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

I SEE THAT

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

the thermocouple is sitting on it

Dales-Electronic :

Don't do this until you have got the new seal because its a sod of a job ~ if you feel behind the grill element cover you will feel the head of a screw that goes throught this centre stainless piece ?

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

the plate with the t/c on it yes I cansee a screw head

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have the new world version here hang on whilst I try and destroy mine first !!

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

okay

Dales-Electronic :

OK been a while since I have done one of these ~ OK if you feel behind the grill element cover at the front you will feel two screwheads, one at each side of the centre stainless piece? Remove both these screws and remove the grill element cover. Call me when this is done

JACUSTOMER-gxdveu9o- :

okay Ian will contact you when i get the seal plus back on shift tomorrow so will contact you probably in a weeks time if that's okay, plus armistice this weekend

Dales-Electronic :

OK well just to finish this off for you so you can refer back to it just incase Im not around ~ once the grill cover is removed undo the centre screw holding the stainless in place and pull it towards you. Once this is loose carefully using screwdrivers you can move the top oven cavity from side to side and up and down go gently pull the old seal out. Smear some fairy liquid on the new one ane push it into situ ~ you may have to cut some off when you get to the centre top best to start at the bottom and work to the top using gravity. Once you have the seal in place refit stainless piece and grill cover and your done. Hope that's follow able for you. If you need further advice give me a should ~ kindly rate my service when your are happy with thinks ~ take it slowly and you'll be find. Ian

Customer :

Hi Ian, tried fitting seal , problem at present is the seal profile is different, about 5mmthinner therefore not sealing on the glass.

Customer :

sorry, the new seal is flattish where as the old one has a half round which compresses to form the seal,stoves however reckon its correct and should fit, any ideas, tom

Dales-Electronic :

What profile do you have ? Mine here is like a misshaped cross one leg of which goes into the slot the rest outside.