George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Firenzi elective oven and grill. The grill works

I have a Firenzi electric oven and grill. The grill works fine but the oven turns on and heats up and the fan works but then turns itself off after about 5 minutes. Can't get it to go again. Go back the next day and the same cycle happens. Hope you can help  Model number is ***** PNC###-##-####/p>

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

Can you let me know the model number of the appliance please..

Customer:

Model number is ***** PNC ********* Serial number 90300012

George-Allsorts :

Can you give me that PNC again please with a # ***** of it and no gaps

Customer:

#944171261

Customer:

Sorry serial number is #60300012

George-Allsorts :

Do you have an oven thermostat that you can put in the oven to see what temperature the oven is reaching?

George-Allsorts :

There is a couple of things that could cause this...

If the oven thermostat is allowing the temperature to get too high... This would require replacement of the thermostat

If the oven is operating at the correct temperature then check to see if the cavity cooling fan is working... if it is not then the fan or its controlling thermostat will require replacement

If vboth of those are ok, then think about replacing the thermal cut-out

Customer:

Thanks very much for your help. I will get my "handyman" to investigate these options - hopefully with a good result. cheers ***** *****