Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I bought a Thosiba Laptop a short while ago and I am unable

Customer Question

I bought a Thosiba Laptop a short while ago and I am unable to get anything civilized out of it. I get among other things when I want to use my BT an my only program. "The Proxy server isn't responding". Or I get "Your current operations system is not supported".
Or I get a message from Mcafee " Potientially unwanted programs Blocked". Or "you are about to remove programs that may have been installed as a bundle or suite".
That I am unable to get rid of even when I switch the computer of and starter up again.
And finally I get a message saying " Internet is not responding". Although that my Router are function perfectly.
I am an old age pensioner and I can not afford to send a new Laptop to be repaired, but I am completely unable to make it work. This is written on my old Packard Bell laptop who still works. I feel most like sending this Toshiba to the landfill site.
Sincerely ***** ***** Winkel
PS: I have lost the invoice so I can't use the warranty.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK I am not a computer expert but may be able to help you get a result, if not I will pass you along to a college that will be able to. Firstly a little background if you would ~ could you advise from where you bought the computer and what bundle of software it came with, (ie did you receive any disks with it or was it pre-loaded) has it ever worked at all and finally exactly how old it is? ~ Ian