George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My son showed me a burner on his Siemens gas hob that was burning

My son showed me a burner on his Siemens gas hob that was burning gas before it reached the burner distributor. It is the small burner on the left front. I looked at it and took burner off ( it lifts off), and concluded that the burner was not sitting squarely on top, and that gas was leaking before it reached the distributor. It maybe that something is worn or part broken. Does it require a Siemens technician visit or could a new burner ring and other part that lifts off resolve the problem?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

It merely requires a visit from a Gas Safe Appliance Engineer.. It sounds this there is an adjustment required.

Try clicking here for an Appliance Engineer local to you