Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

There is an 0 with a star above flashing in the minute window

There is an 0 with a star above flashing in the minute window with a light flashing in the 70 pan programme.
we turned it on and off on the controls
we pressed the reset buttons
we turned it on and off at mains
filled salt
no change. How can we get it to start please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the manufacturer, model number and serial number and then I can look up the information ~ thanks ~ Ian

Customer:

Bosch SGV6A13GB/24

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the full Enr or fd number please the one above is not listed on my database

Customer:

Fd 8310

Customer:

000426

Dales-Electronic :

There should be another number after the 6 in the E nr, say sgv67a etc

Customer:

SGV56A13GB/24

Customer:

FD 8310

Customer:

000426

Customer:

Type S9v118

Customer:

013100231234004260

Dales-Electronic :

OK that I can work with thanks

Customer:

any ideas?

Dales-Electronic :

The star in the minute display is it top left or top right?

Customer:

top left

Dales-Electronic :

OK the star indicates that you need to fill the salt container ~ there is a reed switch that measures the salt level and if it fails below a certain point activates the warning light

Customer:

we have filled the salt

Dales-Electronic :

OK just now checking the service manual for the fault codes brb

Customer:

will be so happy if we get this fixed!

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have checked the service manual and spoken to Bosch technical who advise that there is no faults indicated by what you have indicated. Their thought is that You have a main pcb fault ~ how good are you with a screwdriver?

Dales-Electronic :

If you can hang on until tomorrow Bosch have agreed to send me the reset procedure and we can give that a go this will mean you taking off the front which I will talk you through ~ Ian

Customer:

Great - thank you. Will try that tomorrow.

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me a ping when you are around and we'll have a go, you will need a torx 15 & 20 screwdriver

Customer:

I have the correct screwdrivers

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me five minutes and I'll come back to You I have some info from Bosch that may help us ~ Ian Im going to offer you an additional service with my phone number, give me a call and we can discuss the way forward ~ Ian

Customer:

I can't use phone now, as will be interrupted here at this time by children. Can progress bit by bitnow or speak n phone tomorrow

Customer:

i have removed door panel and can see electric wires

Dales-Electronic :

OK just hold on, this sheet I have allows us to reset from the front but I need an email address to forward it to you we are not allowed to take email addresses on this site hence the extra service offer, if you send me a text to the phone listed I can forward you the document to allow you to reset ~ Ian

Customer:

Can we try now pls? i can't see phone no.

Customer:

Tried to call but it said not possible to connect

Customer:

can we try again about 5pm today pls

Customer:

waiting for reply

Dales-Electronic :

If you send a text to my phone with your email address I will forward you the reset instructions.

Customer:

If I press the 2 reset buttons and the on/off switch a 25 comes up in the display.. is that code for anything?

Dales-Electronic :

OK it sounds like you have a faulty programmer that has now locked you out if the reset and my further instructions did not work, one final thing to try ~ take off the front of the appliance and with the electric off disconnect all the wires tot the programmer, take great care to mark where they came off, leave the thing disconnected 20 mins and then reconnect, if this clears everything you are back in business if not you will need to change the programmer.

Customer:

ok - will try that. thx

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Good luck with this, if you are happy with my service kindly rate me information so that the system can close down the job, further questions can be asked as I have now switch to a question and answer format, so just come back if you need more help. Have a great day ~ Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.