Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How do I stop the washing machine from operating continuou

How do I stop the washing machine from operating continuously
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK try this first turn it off, return the timer know to 12 o'clock and wait for the door lock to disengage. Then restart and let me know what happens. These have a habit of going back to its original settings if you don't allow the door to unlock ~ Ian

Customer:

Sorry for the delay in replying as I had to go out. I am not sure what 12 o'clock is. The machine is still doing continuous washing.

Customer:

Sorry for the delay in replying. The machine is still doing a continuous wash. Perhaps it is to do with the settings. Can you confirm what it should be for an ordinary wash once the problem is resolved?

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me the full model number and serial ~ it should start wm

Customer:

WMA 510 W

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me a moment

Customer:

Ok. I am going out at 11.30am until 3.00pm if you could bear that in mind.

Dales-Electronic :

OK here is the reset procedure for this appliance this will clear the program and let you start again.

Turn the dial to the 90 deg cotton program

Then turn machine off.

Press and hold the start/pause button in and then turn it on.

Keep the button pressed held in for several seconds till the start light is flashing then let go.

Now you need to keep pressing the start button to progress to the next stage.

Press it once and all the lights will flash.

Then press it again and the motor will turn.

Then again it will turn the other way.

Then again it will then spin.

Then again it will fill

Let it fill a bit then press the start button again till it drains the water out.

Once its done this switch the washer off. Leave it a few minutes and then try using it as normal

Let me know how this goes.

Dales-Electronic :

how are you getting on?

Customer:

I have followed the instructions but the start button and the preseason streetlights are both flashing and the machine sounds as though it is not. Shall I turn it off?

Customer:

Sorry about this. I am not at all technical as you can see

Dales-Electronic :

OK press and hold the start button and tell me what happens

Customer:

It shows the green wash and is filling up.

Dales-Electronic :

and its good to go (having finger trouble this morning)

Customer:

I have to go out now so will turn. It off and await your further instructions when I get back after 3.00pm. I am losing the Will to live!

Dales-Electronic :

sorry for some reason it omitted half my response - basically just set it up as normal and let it go thro a wash if it completes the cycle you have reset it and it should be ok

Customer:

It is still washing so I will let you know if it stops. It has been going for about half an hour so far and not spun yet.

Dales-Electronic :

OK Im back on line now so will be around

Customer:

Sorry I have decided to call an electrician as I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Probably my fault.

Dales-Electronic :

OK totally understand, not always easy to understand things when they are electronically controlled ~ if you could just rate my help I can shut the job down ~ Many thanks ~ Ian