Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a Danfoss TP5. Settings 1& 2, 3&4 seem to work fine

Customer Question

We have a Danfoss TP5. Settings 1& 2, 3&4 seem to work fine but 5&6 are not firing up in the evening. Can you suggest why? I know the boiler and thermostat are working OK most of the time because heating came on this morning (1&2) and middle of the day (3&4) but just not tonight, or last night. One person suggested that I make the evening setting 3&4 which I will try tomorrow but I would rather be able to use it as before with 6 temperature settings. We have 2 separate TP5 - one upstairs and one downstairs. Same problem with both.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

Hi . could the temperature setting on the evening be too low? The middle time may be getting the house up to temperature , therefore not switching on . have you checked the evening temperature setting?

Customer:

I know I am asking the obvious but its best to check with those things first

JACUSTOMER-rwhsmy7t- :

It's set for 21 degrees. Certainly doesn't feel like 21 degrees in the house and it's definitely colder outside tonight - more like 8 degrees. Just made the evening setting 3&4 (rather than middle of the day) and put 5&6 at the lowest temperature and it still hasn't fired up.

Customer:

If you manually turn the temperature up , does the boiler fire then?

JACUSTOMER-rwhsmy7t- :

No, just set to 26 and boiler hasn't fired up.

Customer:

Did settings 1 and 2 come on?

JACUSTOMER-rwhsmy7t- :

I left settings 1&2 as morning so as clock is correct I wouldn't have expected them to come on. Also, have a Megaflo and just topped up heater pressure setting.

Customer:

Ok . can you get the heating to come on at all using programmer advance? And has it been like this long?

Customer:

Think the chances of both thermostats,upstairs and down developing the same fault at the same time is unlikely . there must be another problem ,

JACUSTOMER-rwhsmy7t- :

Do you have any other suggestions?

Customer:

Yes. What is the pressure reading?

JACUSTOMER-rwhsmy7t- :

Do you have any other suggestions?

Customer:

Being ex British gas and a boiler/ heating engineer for 15 years I have many suggestions. But I need to ask question to be able to get tobthev bottom of the fault . i

Customer:

I am trying to help you . do you still require help with it .

JACUSTOMER-rwhsmy7t- :

Please can you tell me whether you have finished with advice? You are showing as offline but didn't respond to my last reply.

Customer:

Hi . I recieved your question of other suggestions , and I have a few. I don't believe it is a fault with the stats.

Customer:

Hi , Is the boiler working for hot water?

Customer:

Have I offended you in some way?