Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi - I have a Dometic TEC29 Generator which will not run. It

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Dometic TEC29 Generator which will not run. It starts OK sometimes but will not run for more than 4 seconds, then shuts down. Control panel says 'low power engine'
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

will the generator run without a load applied to it?

JACUSTOMER-6ynpvyn4- :

Hello Ian - No, it will not settle down, even without anything connected to the mains circuit, I have even disconnected the wiring from the mains connecting block on the front of the generator. Help!

JACUSTOMER-6ynpvyn4- :

Sorry - Why???

Dales-Electronic :

According to the manufacturer this usually occurs when the generator is being overloaded

JACUSTOMER-6ynpvyn4- :

As I just stated - no load connected at all

Dales-Electronic :

OK you'll have leave it with me and I'll get back to you once I have spoken to the manufacturer

JACUSTOMER-6ynpvyn4- :

OK Ian - will save & close

Dales-Electronic :

I have now spoken to the Domec engineer for my area and he advises that it will be one of the following four items in this order ~

Dales-Electronic :

there is a problem with the carb. ~ the stepper motor is faulty ~ the inverter has shorted out inside and finally there is a problem with the magnets on the alternator. All these (with the exception of the fuel supply) are return to a distributor/service engineer.