George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have two De Dietrich ovens: DOP895X and DOP745X1 and I would

I have two De Dietrich ovens: DOP895X and DOP745X1 and I would like to clean in between the two glass panels where there are long drips - is there a way to open them up to enable this? I cannot find the instructions manuals - can you help please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

I can supply you with links to the instruction manuals, however, they do not describe the process:

DOP895X Manual

DOP745X Manual

George-Allsorts :

Please bare with me and I will try assist with the task at hand

Customer:

Thank you for the instruction manual links: I look forward to hearing from you again.

George-Allsorts :

Here is a diagram to the first one...

Door Assembly DOP745x1 which may cover both

George-Allsorts :

for that one you need to undo the two most central screws from underneath the door and then undo the two screws for the handle... the door should then come apart...

** WARNING** Take note or pictures of every stage of dismantling so that you can reverse the process correctly... Notwithstanding

George-Allsorts :

this, stick a piece of tape on the outside top of each piece of glass so that you can return them in the correct position and rotation

George-Allsorts :

I have attempted to find a diagram for the other oven but have been so far unsuccessful... Can you tell me, is the one oven door similar to the other?

Customer:

The "door assembly" for DOP745X1 does not really look like the same oven door..... There are no obvious screws. With regard to the other oven, I have managed to disassemble this and can therefore clean but for your information it is different: firstly the inside piece of glass appears to be sealed......?

George-Allsorts :

That information is direct from the manufacturer.. The reason I left you the warnings is that sometimes thes glasses part company and the spacers fall out.. the glass is meant to face in the correct direction and rotation.

George-Allsorts :

Is it possible for you to photograph your doors and post the photo's here?

Customer:

file:///Users/MirandaLim/Library/Containers/com.apple.PhotoBooth/Data/Pictures/Photo%20Booth%20Library/Pictures/Photo%20on%2***-**-****%20at%2010.31.jpgfile:///Users/MirandaLim/Library/Containers/com.apple.PhotoBooth/Data/Pictures/Photo%20Booth%20Library/Pictures/Photo%20on%2***-**-****%20at%2010.31%20%232.jpg

Customer:

Have just tried to send interior & exterior photos but

Customer:

Oh dear - have tried to send you photos but suspect you cannot open...? Let me know

George-Allsorts :

Have sent a message to DeDietrich contact to request updated info and informed them of your comments.. Awaiting update.

Will contact you as soon as it comes.. regards

Customer:

Thank you - look forward to hearing from you.

George-Allsorts :

Hi, I have checked on the info I gave you for the DOP745X1 and the diagram is correct...

Here is the one for the DOP895X1

To start to diasassemble them you need to undo the two from underneath the door and work from there... the door should then come apart...

Stick a piece of tape on the outside top of each piece of glass so that you can return them in the correct position and rotation as if you don't, when you put the oven on pyro the glass will shatter.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George - sorry to take so long to come back to you. Many thanks for the other download and info. It seems to me that whilst the bigger oven DOP895X comes apart by levering open the inside glass panel, this is not possible with the smaller oven as the inside pane has a seal all the way around and even with the diagram you have sent through, I cannot see any way to separate the panels - perhaps it simpy is not possible....?

The seal you say is on the second door is a strip of metal that has a tab in one of the corners.. undo the tab, the glasses will separate...

Make sure you put them back the same way they were..

Please now take the time to leave me a rating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The seal is definitely rubber/silicone and there is no tab on any corner......

Must be a new modified version that I haven't yet seen...

I have only ever seen the type that I have sent you the manuals for... Sorry

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair