Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Baumatic bcg925ss Hi I am considering purchasing this range

Customer Question

Baumatic bcg925ss
Hi I am considering purchasing this range cooker but only have a gas supply and standard plug socket where ny cooker will be sited. There is no means of hard wiring the product into the mains in the space where our range will be. I have read on line that although this product has a grill because it only requires 13 amps it can be run via a plug. Is this correct. The installation manual states
This appliance must be wired into a 13 A double pole switched
fused spur outlet, having 3 mm contact separation and placed in
an easily accessible position adjacent to the appliance. It should
not be located above the appliance and no more than 1.25m
away from it.
o The spur outlet must still be accessible even when your oven is
located in its operating position.
o Cable type: H05 RRF 3 core x 1.5 mm²
Alison
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-llpq2vqf- :

Hi Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Hi can I just ask is the appliance second hand because Baumatic ceased trading in the UK I think last year?

Dales-Electronic :

What have you got in the way of electric services, have you got a standard cooker switch or switch and 13amp plug combination?

JACUSTOMER-llpq2vqf- :

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Alison if you can give me the info about the electric services I can help you ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-llpq2vqf- :

No its via the Curry's web site. Just a 13 amp plug socket with no cooker switch. During our kitchen renovations we are re-siting our cooker and switching from electric to gas; we didn't realise that we would need to install hard-wiring for the cooker because it was our intention to buy a gas appliance, and we though we would only need an electric supply for the ignition. There is only one full gas product on the market that meets our spec (Kenwood ck405g), and this Baumatic range looks like a better option.

Dales-Electronic :

OK where is you original electric cooker sited in relation to where you intended to fit the new one and was the original fitted with an above worktop switch feeding to a outlet behind the original?

JACUSTOMER-llpq2vqf- :

The original cooker was on a different wall to the new cooker space. It was hard-wired with a switch below the work top. We have now had this capped off and we have just sockets on that wall

JACUSTOMER-llpq2vqf- :

Hi Ian

JACUSTOMER-llpq2vqf- :

I have to pop out for a while but I will check back later on your response thanks

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have offered you additional services which will allow you to contact me and we can discuss your requirements further Ian