Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hello, My fan oven is not working but the grill still does.

My fan oven is not working but the grill still does. It stopped working about 3 weeks ago. Maybe a fuse blew?
It is a HI575 model.
Thanks,
Emma
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Is the grill in the same cavity as the main oven?
Can you hear the fabn running in the oven but it just doesnt heat up?
Lastly, do you have the make and model number please?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the grill is in the same cavity.

It is a HI575 model. The whole fan setting does not work.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK, so its a Teka?
Can you select the fan oven and a high temperature, open the door, can you hear the fan now?
ALso, does a lamp light on the fascia when you do this?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for waiting. Is it possible to get back to you about this?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Of course
Just post back on this page when you can, and Ill reply when im next online (Most days !)

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The person at home just got back to me - yes light works and the high temperature was tried but nothing.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK

It sounds like the motor and or the element have failed

Isolate from the power.
Remove the back panel inside the oven.
You will see the fan and the element.
Remove the retaining screws/bolts.
Carefully pull forward the element and the wiring.
Remove the wiring.
You may see damage to the element.
If you have a meter, check it for continuity, if its open circuit you will need to replace it.

The motor for the fan is accessed from the rear

If you prefer I can get you a fixed price repair for this. I would just need your postcode

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please - how much would a repair cost?

Postcode is: London N1 7JY

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately the company that does the fixed price repairs, will not do this as its a Teka oven

If you dont feel able to undertake the reapir yourself, I would suggest asking friends and neighbours to recomened someone local to do the work for you.

To give you an idea, the element would be arounfd £30 for the part, and a little more for the motor, both plus the labour charges

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today

Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.