Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I recently moved home and got my Zanussi washing machine re

I recently moved home and got my Zanussi washing machine re installed. It is about 8 years old. Model number ZWF1011W.
When reinstalled and levelled, I noticed that the seal around the door is now completely out of shape and would not go back into shape when I tried.
The machine is working apart from that, not moving around or leaking when a cycle is running.
Can these seals be replaced, are they still available?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Customer:

OK Ian,

Customer:

OK Ian, if you get back to me when you are on line again, thanks, Niamh

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry just off to grab a cuppa ~ right before we go down the route of a new seal do this, you will see a band on the outside of the door seal that holds it to the front of the cabinet, just take that off and come back to me and I'll take you to the next stage.

Customer:

Hi Ian, Is this the small grey band on the outside of the door seal? It would not come out properly for me, as I could not get a proper grip to take this out, (if I am looking at the right part that is). I don't want to cause any more damage. Is there any particular way to do this? Niamh

Dales-Electronic :

Yes the small band if you look at the bottom there is where it joins, you need a small screwdriver to undo it when this is done you should be able to refit the seal straight and level

Customer:

OK Ian,

Customer:

OK I have the outer band off. The seal keeps slipping out though when I try to refit it? Does this maybe need another person to hold it in place as you have to stretch it quite a bit to get it to fit in around the door. Thanks, Niamh

Dales-Electronic :

Can you see the drain holes in the door seal and are they at the bottom of the door space?

Customer:

Yes I see them. They are not

Customer:

Yes I see them. They are are at the bottom of the door space but Not quire at the bottom centrei

Customer:

Sorry that last message was a bit garbled! Yes, they are at the bottom, but not quite at the bottom centre

Dales-Electronic :

Putting the seal on is abit of a fiddle because it usually entails getting the outer piece over the lip and then forcing the inner part around the outer door frame, once you get it going its usually fine. You need to start from the bottom working a couple of inches at a time working upwards # ***** you are on all the way around put the outer band on and it should settle straight

Customer:

I'm still trying to get the seal back on properly. It is proving very awkward to do this. I got it back on once but it still looked way out of shape. Should I have the drain holes exactly at the bottom centre, or is there anything else that I should do that might help?

Dales-Electronic :

What has happened is that when moved the seal move slightly on the tub, this is a really nasty job to do, the holes should be at the bottom so that any residual water can drain back into the tub. Its is possible to realign but takes two usually, whilst you are bashing away just check that the two shock absorbers are intact and that the top springs are in place too

Customer:

Hi, I can see that the top spring on the right is not in place. I think the left one is. I presume the shock absorbers are the two foam pieces beside the springs?

Dales-Electronic :

OK sort out the top spring by puttingit

Dales-Electronic :

OK sort out the top spring by putting it back into the retainer, if you now tip back the appliance you will see two shock abo

Dales-Electronic :

absorbers attached between the tub assembly and the base, just make sure that they are both in place and that one of them hasn't popped out so you have two pieces rather that a shock assembly ~ come back to me when you have checked these out ~ Ian

Customer:

Hi Ian, I think the shock absorbers are in place, but could not get the spring back in place, it fell off. It might be better to get some one out to fix it.