Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Zanussi ZDC 46130W Condensor Dryer not drying clothes. Belt

Customer Question

Zanussi ZDC 46130W Condensor Dryer not drying clothes. Belt is still on and drum running
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK with no clothes in switch it onto the hottest setting and run it for a few minutes then open the door and tell me if it is getting hot inside?

JACUSTOMER-yo0lvlgz- :

Ran it for 5 mins and not warm

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have a thermal cut out on the back, let me just see where it is and I'll direct you to it

JACUSTOMER-yo0lvlgz- :

Dales-Electronic :

OK there are two versions of this, do you have a small inspection cover at the back ?

JACUSTOMER-yo0lvlgz- :

No small inspection cover, have also left it running and getting slightly warm.

Dales-Electronic :

ok just let it run for a short while, I need to know that it is actually heating up, once we have this sorted we'll have a look at the rest of the appliance

JACUSTOMER-yo0lvlgz- :

Its been running for 20 minutes and is luke warm, not not

Dales-Electronic :

OK it sounds like we have a dryer only operating on low heat, just let me look at the parts diagram and see what we've got

Dales-Electronic :

OK plug out ~ take off the white/cream plastic cover on the back and inside you should see a rectangular plate this is the heater cover, take the heater out carefully and check that both thermostats are OK one is resettable also check that the heating spirals are complete and haven't snapped. Come back to me when you have done this with your findings ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-yo0lvlgz- :

Sorry, took off plastic cover, which only covers the drum spindle. Checked numbers on m/c

JACUSTOMER-yo0lvlgz- :

It says Type P542553 Product number ********* 01 if this helps

Dales-Electronic :

I do apologise for not getting back to you, I had an urgent telephone call that I had to deal with. If you can give me the product code I will have a look for the service manual when I get to work in the morning ~ Ian