canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a LG American Fridge freezer model GWL207FLQA and the

I have a LG American Fridge freezer model GWL207FLQA and the freezer light on the panel are on all the time and nothing else, the lights are off inside the unit and both fridge and freezer are bith working normally, you cant even switch between water & ice. Why is this?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is the lock on? There is a button on the panel that you can push to lock the buttons.

Customer:

I have tried the lock and nothing. below is a picture of what the panel looks like all the time.

Customer:

panel
Full Size Image

canuck the pro :

If you hold down the child lock button for 3 seconds does the lock symbol illuminate?

Customer:

no it just beeps

canuck the pro :

It seems possibly the logic interface is locked up. If you unplug the fridge for 15 minutes then plug it back in does it resume normal operation?

Customer:

ill just go do that now and see if that works, give me 10 or so mins. oh why 15 minutes?

canuck the pro :

Do you have the manual to confirm that is how the child lock is turned off?

canuck the pro :

Long enough for the power stored in the capacitors to disperse and let the logic board reset.

Customer:

ok ill go do that now and get back to you. as far as I was aware the child lock turned off after holding the button for 3 secs

canuck the pro :

I am almost certain that is how it disengages also. The lock symbol should be illuminated if the child lock is on anyway.

canuck the pro :

There is almost certainly a problem with the printed circuit board. Hopefully it is just a glitch and will be reset by unplugging.

Customer:

that's it unplugged so heres hoping

canuck the pro :

Good luck, we're all counting on you!

Customer:

be back in 10mins with the result

canuck the pro :

Very good.,

Customer:

that's the fridge switched back and all working properly now...

canuck the pro :

Great! All fixed?

Customer:

yeah still working. however I have no idea why it did that

canuck the pro :

The printed circuit board may be failing. If it continues to happen then the board will have to be replaced. It may have been damaged by power surge and not storing power properly. Sometimes there is just a glitch in the computer possibly caused because the board got hot. Be sure the fridge is not pushed all the way against the wall. If there is not air flow then the circuitry will get hot and cause this type of error.

Customer:

ok cool ill just to keep an eye on it and see if it does it again. there is adequate space around the fridge for sure.