George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi i cant get my hotpoint wmef943 to start it just beeps at

Hi i cant get my hotpoint wmef943 to start it just beeps at me
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Please describe to me fully what the appliance is doing

Customer:

The washing machine turns on. The door opens. But i am unable to start a cycle ... it just beeps at me when i press the buttons or turn the cycle knob. I have unplugged the washing machine overnight to see if it resets itself but still have the same problem. To switch it off i have to push the on off button which does a 3 2 1 off process then turns off

George-Allsorts :

When you switch the machine on, is the START/PAUSE indicator Green and slowly flashing?

Customer:

The start pause is flashing green yes

George-Allsorts :

can you tell me.. Is the child lock button lit?

Customer:

Yes it is

George-Allsorts :

Press and hold it for 3 seconds until it goes out

Customer:

It is off now

George-Allsorts :

now try your wash

Customer:

Omg no way... thank you

Customer:

I tried everything

Customer:

Very happy now :)

George-Allsorts :

I am going to send you a link to a manual for you to download

Customer:

Ok thank you

George-Allsorts :

Your machine

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate kindly on exit :)

George-Allsorts :

Did you download the manual?

Customer:

I click on the link and nothing comes up ...

George-Allsorts :

one moment

George-Allsorts :

Yes, the link is working.. the file is on my dropbox, click and wait, it will download... let me know when you have it so that I can then remove it please

Customer:

Oh right ok thank you i will do that

Customer:

Still having trouble getting that file but i am on my phone doing this

George-Allsorts :

Oh, it may be very slow on a phone.. as it is a large PDF file

George-Allsorts :

it should open a page that has the a download button at the top right of the page.. you need to click that button to download the manual

George-Allsorts :

It is working as I have just done it on my phone

Customer:

Ok i know my wifi isnt very reliable where i live

Customer:

Is there any way it can be sent to my email address

George-Allsorts :

Only by offering you an Additional Service... But, can you not log onto here using a computer?

Customer:

Ok not to worry. Thank you again. Feel a plonker not realising the prob myself

Customer:

No my pc is broken. Luckily i have this phone

George-Allsorts :

When you have a problem, the first thing on your mind is always the answer to the problem, no the resolve, so the resolve is not always easy to see.

I have sent you the request... That will allow you to get my details and I can then send you the file..

Customer:

Thank ýou . Very happy

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair