Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Bosch Service The height of my kitchen top doesn't allow

Bosch Service
The height of my kitchen top doesn't allow a shield/top to be fitted to my Bosch Logixx 1400 washing machine.
Twice now I've accidentally blown motherboards as water has dripped down into the unit. Repairs are expensive.
Do you have any alternatives to the official Bosch shield/top solution?
Do you have suggestions over what I can do to limit the risks of water entering the top of the machine?
All info & ideas greatly received.
Michael
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

When you say there isnt room for the top, is this the standard top?

How much gap is there between the top of the machine and the underneath of the worktop?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There's very little to no gap between the top of the machine and the underneath of the work top.
Getting the machine out requires 2 strong men pulling hard.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No room for standard Bosch water shield that deflects water away from unit.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael

Is this a free standing machine or a built in?
Can you open the door and tell me the ENR from the data plate there
Cab you describe the Bosch water shield as Im not sure what you mean by this

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. Free Standing
2. ENr WAS28469GB/20 FD8902 200414
3. Metal shield that covers the top of the unit and slopes water away. Couldn't be fitted.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael

Was this sheet bought as an optional extra and its basically just a 1mm thick piece of pressed steel?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK

Sorry to say that if that doesnt fit (and its designed for exactly that purpose), you are really only left with Heath Robinson ideas !!

Does the machine push back so that the front of the machine is under the edge of the worktop?

Do you know why the worktop is so low? Has the floor been tiled and raised the floor line?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it doesn't push back all the way, the lip of the machine is exposed.
I bought the kitchen "as is" from the previous owner whose father did the fitting of the kitchen units.
How do I rate you?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael

You should be able to see the ratings box now

Assuming there is a small lip of the machine sticking out, I would get a piece of plastic quadrant beading to sit on the machine, and sit up against the edge of the worktop
I would then use a white silicon sealant to stick it there and seal the gap.
This will stop water running back into the machine.
Its not ideal as you will have to cut the silicon when you need to pull it out, BUT its way better than keep replacing the board

Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.