KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Teka DW6 59 F1 does it's job but doesn't want to stop. It

My Teka DW6 59 F1 does it's job but doesn't want to stop. It just keeps going without stopping and I have to stop it manually.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it and please elaborate your problem

Customer:

It's about 10 years old and the problem is that when it is switched on and goes through what it's supposed to do, instead of finishing it's cycle it just continues working. The last time it was on it went for four hours and it had to be stopped manually

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, the problem seems to be with heating element that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

Control detects that water is not heating so won't proceed to next cycle and keeps on running

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one will cost you around £140

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks