Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Hotpoint Openspace Oven model OS 897D C IX/HP. When

I have a Hotpoint Openspace Oven model OS 897D C IX/HP. When I turn it on it blows the main fuse for the house? why is this happening?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me which setting this is on when it fuses?

Is this the RCD or that circuit fuse that trips?

Did anything odd happen just before this first happened?
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It happens when I switch on the oven. I'm not sure what you mean by the fuses but it doesn't blow the cooker fuse it blows the main fuse for the whole house. I am not aware of anything happening but I think there may be a slight metallic noise like metal hitting metal but as I have a hearing impairment I can't be absolutely sure.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marion

Is the fuse it blows, one on the end of the box, looks a little different to the others?

What happens if you try the grill?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. The grill seems to be fine.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marion
Great
This sounds like the element in the back of the oven has failed. This only comes on for the fan oven setting.
I suspect it has split open and is hitting the fan and thats the noise you can hear.
Do you want to do the repair yourself, I can gibve you instructions, or would you prefer an all inclusive quote for the repair? I would just need your postcode

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please give me a quote. AB21 7FH

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marion
OK
the all in price is £125
This includes the call out, all parts and the vat

If youd like to book this please call Repaircare on 0843(###) ###-####br/>They will make the appointment for you.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do they have an email address I cannot use the phone

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marion

Please go here
http://www.repaircare.co.uk/repair/contact-us
and you can contact them through this form

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time helping you

Rob