canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a Beko American Style Fridge Freezer les than one month

I have a Beko American Style Fridge Freezer les than one month - we are having some building work done and I suspect some grit has got into the lower freezer hinge which is now quite noisy when opening and closing. Can the hinge be cleaned? Is this something I can do?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. To clean the hinge use a can of compressed air.It is usually used for cleaning computer keyboards. Then once clean lubricate lightly with silicone spray. Be sure not to use petroleum jelly or oil to lubricate as petroleum products will deteriorate any rubber bushings in the hinge.