Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Why does my boiler keep getting water out of the mains, it

Why does my boiler keep getting water out of the mains, it calls for water for about 12-15 seconds. Nothing else in the house is calling for water, so the Worcester boiler is the only item that is working. Can you help
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi. There a couple reasons.can i chat in 15 please,just customer

Customer:

Ok I am the customer

Customer:

OK

Plumberpro :

Hi , sorry about that ,

Customer:

OK can you answer my query?

Plumberpro :

Ok is the water coming out of the boiler safety valve and releasing outside?

Plumberpro :

Sorry for the delay

Customer:

No there is no obvious place where the water is going, only that water is being called for from the mains

Plumberpro :

Have you looked outside ? On the same wall as the boiler. If its not coming out of there then you have a leak

Customer:

Yes I have looked outside, and no there is no water coming from the boiler via the outside pipe. If it is a leak where is the water going?

Plumberpro :

Could be under the floor

Customer:

Not likely as it is a concrete floor and I cannot see any evidence on the floor below the boiler

Plumberpro :

Ok . can we ho back to the start please. Are you filling your boiler up via the filling loop or is your water Meter going?

Customer:

My water meter is going round - for about 12-15 seconds - it then stops for a short while and the whole process starts again, say 10 minute break

Plumberpro :

Have you checked your toilet flush is not letting by and continuing to fill?and running into the pan

Customer:

Yes I have checked every single other water item using item in the house - not the toilet or any other item and just checked again - not toilet, or sink or shower, or washing machines

Plumberpro :

Ok . you must have a leak . do you have a stopcock in the house? If so and you can turn it off then turn off and check the Meter . if its still doing it ,then you have a leak onvthev main somewhere between the Meter and your inside stopcock

Customer:

From what you are asking and answering I am gathering that this may not be a boiler issue but just a water issue is that correct?

Plumberpro :

Also , could you see what pressure your boiler is at , please

Plumberpro :

Not totally sure yet, but is the pressure high on the boiler gauge?

Customer:

No pressure is just between the red and green line

Plumberpro :

Ok . then yes the problem is av leak on the mains . if its not showing on the internal mains run then it will be from Meter to the house

Customer:

Brilliant, thanks. I can deal with the leak from the mains, but was asking the question to ensure that it was not a boiler problem. Thank you for your help.

Plumberpro :

Your welcome