Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The clock is working on my Baumatic KISF02 oven but the oven/light

The clock is working on my Baumatic KISF02 oven but the oven/light won't turn on
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Does this have the six button clock?

Have you tried the grill?
Does this work?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes there are six buttons. no the grill does not work. i had set it to come on automaticallty when i went out and when i came back there was a blank screen and nothing on. since then i have turned it off and on, the clock works, but when i turn to manual and ttry to turn oven on nothing happens. thermostat still clicks when i turn that dial.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

OK, the problem is that the oven still thinks it is in AUTOMATIC mode
In the clock should be either a hand symbol or MAN foe manual

Try turning off the power to the oven, then starting again. You will need to reset the clock and it should be OK

Rob

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already tried resetting and have reset the clock. Even back in manual mode i cannot now get oven to work.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
When you did this, did the clock flash Zeros?

What are the symbols that are showing in the clock?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes flashred zeros. now have set time and i se a little cooking pot sign which i think is manual mode
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
THanks

I believe thats actually the auto mode!

I am trying to find the service bulletin for this. but if you have the manual it should tell you in there, and how to turn it back
Let me know
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've got the manual. Have turned over off and on and set the clock according to instructions. The symnbol is confusing because it looks like a cooking pot but I am sure is the manual sign. When it's auto there an 'auto' appears down the left. Really wierd.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

You are correct, Ive just found it. The pot with steam is manual!!
Unfortunately this means that the clock is faulty.
It thinks it is in Manual mode, yet the switching inside the clock, has not come out of Auto mode.

This will mean that the clock will need to be replaced, sorry

How old is this?
Do you want me to get an all in quote for this repair, if possible? I would just need your postcode

In the meantime,

Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.