Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

my glow warm boiler keep fire up when every thing should be

my glow warm boiler keep fire up when every thing should be off
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi do you have the model ?

Customer:

glow warm ultimate 80F

Plumberpro :

Ok . give me a couple of minutes to look up the boiler , thanks

Plumberpro :

Hi . it could be either a fault with the controls ( programmer , etc) or boiler PCB . dobyou vhave a multi Meter or voltage tester?

Customer:

i put a new PCB in today

Plumberpro :

Ok . what controls do you have? Is, programmer, cyl stat , room stat ,2 port valves or mid port valve?

Customer:

changed hot water 2 port valve 1 week go is working ok ,heating valve is working ok as well the programmer isDrayton LPS

Customer:

programmer isDrayton LPS22

Plumberpro :

Ok . can I just confirm that they boiler is running continuously even with programmer off?

Customer:

yes the pump is runing as well

Plumberpro :

Ok . let me just check if your boiler has a permanent live or it gets power via thgev programmer

Plumberpro :

Ok . on the boiler wiring board. If you remove the switched live wire , then if the boilercstops you know it is a controls fault, if the boiler keeps running it will be the boiler pcb .will you be able to do this?

Customer:

yes did this the boiler did not fire up the fan try to start but kept cutting out

Plumberpro :

Ok .then it will be a fault with the controls .could be the programmer .to test the programmer remove one wire at a time within the wiring plate under the programmer face. There will bev live , neutral , earth( maybe ) . one will be hot water out , one heating out . but give me a minute to check by our cspecific programmer, thanks

Plumberpro :

If you remove wire 4 on programmer( heating on ) , put boiler switched live back and turn on . if they boiler isn't running then we know the fault is on the heating side

Customer:

removed wire 4 boiler still came on

Plumberpro :

Ok ,can youb, put that one back and remove 3( hot water on) and do the same again , thanks

Customer:

removed wire 3 red bolier still came on

Plumberpro :

Ok can you do the same with wire 1( hot water off ) please

Customer:

?????

Plumberpro :

Do you have a wire in 1 hw off

Plumberpro :

You probably won't as you don't have a 3 port valve .

Customer:

no wire in 1 or 2

Customer:

3 wires in N and 3 wires in L

Customer:

any ideas what to do next

Plumberpro :

Ok . the switched live to boiler is getting power from either heating on or hot water on . can you please check your motorised valves and see if one of themis open ,( loose lever) ? Thanks

Customer:

all the valves are closed

Customer:

as the boiler is off

Customer:

do you want me to turn power on to the boiler?

Plumberpro :

Yes , please, sorry should have said. Yes put all back on , but with programmer hw and heating atvoff position, thanks

Customer:

ok will do

Customer:

everything is off and valve are closed however boiler still running

Customer:

pump is also running

Plumberpro :

Hi , when you changed the motorised valve did you have to rewire the new one into a wiring centre?

Customer:

yes put the wires into the same places as the valve was exactly the same

Customer:

???

Plumberpro :

Hi can in thgecwiring centre can you remove the orange wires from the motorised valves , one at a time and then put them power back on and see if this stops the boiler running , thanks

Customer:

tried it

Customer:

still no luck

Customer:

even with both out still came on

Plumberpro :

Ok . somewhere the switched live to the boiler is becoming live . is it possiblevto work out backwards from the boiler switched live ( ifvitvhas a particular colour wire) to the wiring centre andcwhatvit is connected to? Power comes from the fused spur to the programmer and onwards to either the cyl stat and hotvwater valve on the programmer to room stat to heating valve to switched live on boiler. Not seeing your lay out , how easy is it trace back the wiring from the boiler switched live?

Plumberpro :

Also would you mind. I have to pop out for 10 mins

Customer:

ok i will have a look

Plumberpro :

Hi . I'm back ,

Plumberpro :

Poor service , oh well you can try and help people I suppose and still get kicked in the teeth . all bthge

Plumberpro :

All the bestv

Plumberpro :

Hi . I take it you wired up your motorised valve wrong?